Get Fired Up for the return of Minnesota Monthly’s GrillFest – June 26 and 27
Photo courtesy of GrillFest
For most Minnesotans, grilling is a way of life during the non-cold and snowy months. Memorial Day party? Grilling. Father’s Day? Grilling. Fourth of July? Grilling. Birthday party? Grilling.
And nowhere in the state will that way of life be more celebrated than the return of GrillFest for its ninth year, happening the weekend of Saturday, June 26 and Sunday, June 27 at CHS Field in downtown Saint Paul. A ticket will get you inside the fun and safe ambiance of the outdoor ballpark and an experience we missed in 2020 but welcome back in 2021.
Test out the best grills, gather recipes, and learn how to barbecue like a pro while sampling the best burgers, beer, sweet treats, seltzers, bloody marys, summer wines, and more. Play outdoor games, find Minnesota made art and gifts, listen to music, and enjoy perfect weather. The best part? It’s all inclusive with the purchase of your ticket.
- Taste mouth-watering burgers from local restaurants in the annual Burger Battle, presented by Hop Valley Brewing
- Sip bloody mary samples and vote for your favorite at Smirnoff Vodka’s Bloody Mary Battle
- Win one of ten Weber SmokeFire Grills as part of the Frattallone’s Grill Experience by purchasing $10 raffle tickets with proceeds benefiting the M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital
- Play outdoor games with friends and family at the Patron Game Zone
- Sip on seltzers and beers from White Claw, Kona Beer, Lift Bridge, Bud Light Seltzer, Michelob Ultra Seltzer, and more
- Excite your taste buds with award-winning wines at the J Lohr Wine and Cheese Pairing Adventure
- Enjoy music from K102 and Cities 97, fun photo opps, and lawn activities
- Discover the latest grills and gadgets on the market
- Enjoy grilling demonstrations, gather recipes, and participate in contests
- Support local artisans and shop your favorite products onsite
- And much, much more!
Everyone—from the just-turned 21-year-old to the carefree retiree–is in a jolly “Hooray! Summer is here!” mood (even if does happen to rain, because we are hardy Minnesotans, dontch’a know, and we don’t let a few drops of rain spoil a good time). GrillFest is a truly festive atmosphere, laughing and talking and listening to live music, sipping craft beer and summer wine, and sampling grilled burgers and steak and pork and wings and pizza and … well, you get my point. It really is the “kickoff to summer,” and we have designed it all following COVID guidelines.
GrillFest is Saturday, June 26 and Sunday, June 27 from 1-5 p.m. and will occur rain or shine. Tickets are $60 each and can be purchased here.